You have a basic understanding of mental health from your professional or personal experiences. Now you want to learn how to take a strengths-based approach to cultivating a mentally healthy environment where you live, volunteer, work or play.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the elements of- and challenge misconceptions about- mental health and mental illness.
- Discover tools to identify individuals in distress
- Craft your own narrative of resilience in your wellness journey
- Take a strengths-based, anti-oppressive approach to examining the mental health-related attitudes and experiences of individuals who identify with marginalized sociodemographic groups
- Use the notice-listen-connect method to support individuals struggling with their mental health
- Initiate a strengths-based dialogue about accessing and evaluating mental health resources appropriate for the individual