We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
October 25, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This one day workshop challenges commonly held notions about children’s capacity to consider suicide. It facilitates awareness of the signs that a young child may be at risk and what is needed to help. Designed for those working with kids between the ages of 5-14.
Some of the content of the “”ASK” workshop:
- A research based definition of suicidality in children.
- How a child’s understanding of death is linked to suicide risk.
- Key questions helpers need to ask a child to assess risk.
- Learn through lecture, discussion, video, case studies.
- Personality traits commonly seen in children at risk.
- How to talk with a child about death and suicide.
- How to align with parents and others who can create safety.
Price includes refreshments, lunch, materials, and certificate of completion.
Although not required, training in safeTALK or ASIST are highly recommended.
For more information or details, please contact Tracey Wilkes at email@example.com
LMSPC is able to provide a full refund, minus a $25 administrative fee, for requests made up to 20 days prior to the ASIST workshop. After 20 days, you may:
- Transfer to another workshop provided that you notify us at least 7 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered. You will be responsible for registering into the next available workshop upon refund.
- Designate a substitute to attend in your place provided that you notify us at least 2 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered.
Venue: 648 Huron St
648 Huron Street, London, Ontario, Canada, N5Y 4J8