March 24, 2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Who comes to mind when you think about leadership?
Do you fall into the common trap of believing that only certain people are qualified to lead? We believe that everyone can be a leader—students, CEOs, parents—anyone who strives to live in a way that models making healthy and positive choices. Leaders can play different roles. Sometimes you are more hands-on, sometimes you may be the conduit to help the person get to the resource.
We can help you leverage your own strengths to design strategies to reach individuals who are less likely to request mental health support, craft your own narrative of resilience in your leadership in wellness journey, and practice how to support others in accessing appropriate mental health resources. Whether your role as a leader is formal or informal, if you have a desire to be a leader within your own sphere of influence, this
workshop is for you!
This training will have a greater focus on developing suicide intervention skills. We will also expand our knowledge of safety planning and take some time to practice. Join us for this interactive session that will encourage you to tap into your own strengths to lead an authentic, strengths-based conversation to
support mental wellness.
By end of this session, you will be able to:
- Integrate your values, goals, and personal passion for mental health into an authentic and effective strengths-based leadership style.
- Assess the mental health culture of your team, workplace, or community organization using the 13 factors of psychological health and safety.
- Respond to individuals holding stigmatizing views about mental health and mental illness.
- Promote and model positive coping strategies among members of your team.
- Choose strategies to redesign the mental health culture of your workplace or community group, according to your strengths, interests, and sphere of influence.
- Assist an individual experiencing suicidal ideation in (a) creating a safety plan and (b) getting connected with professional support.
For more information/details contact email@example.com
Virtual Training Link will be sent out after registration, close to the date of the workshop.