October 30, 2021 - October 31, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
ASIST is a two-day, interactive skills-building workshop that prepares caregivers of all kinds to provide suicide first aid interventions. Professionals, volunteers and informal helpers all need to know how to help persons with thoughts of suicide in ways that increase their suicide safety. ASIST is designed to help all caregivers become more willing, ready and able to help persons at risk.
As an ASIST-trained first aid intervention caregiver, you will be better able to:
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behavior for an agreed amount of time
- follow up on all safety commitments, accessing further help as needed
Date/times: October 30th and 31st 2021 from 8:30AM-4:30PM
Location: BMO Centre- 295 Rectory St, London ON
**PLEASE NOTE- COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
The BMO Centre requires all attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of double vaccination is required to enter the BMO Centre. A facemask must be worn to enter the BMO Centre.
The Canteen at the BMO Centre will be open for lunch on both October 30th and October 31st. You may purchase food here, or purchase food offsite. No outside food or drink will be allowed in the BMO Centre. Coffee and tea will be provided.
For more information or details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LMSPC is able to provide a full refund, minus a $25 administrative fee, for requests made up to 20 days prior to the ASIST workshop. After 20 days, you may:
- Transfer to another workshop provided that you notify us at least 7 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered. You will be responsible for registering into the next available workshop upon refund.
- Designate a substitute to attend in your place provided that you notify us at least 2 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered.
Venue: BMO Centre
295 Rectory Street, London ON