March 28, 2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
SafeTALK, about three hours in duration, is a training that prepares anyone over the age of 15 to identify persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide first aid resources. Most people with thoughts of suicide invite help to stay safe. Alert helpers know how to use these opportunities to support that desire for safety.
As a SafeTALK-trained suicide alert helper, you will be better able to:
- move beyond common tendencies to miss, dismiss or avoid suicide;
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide; and
- apply the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and KeepSafe) to connect a person with suicide thoughts to suicide first aid, intervention caregivers.
Price includes refreshments, materials, and certificate of completion.
For more information or details, please contact us at email@example.com
LMSPC is able to provide a full refund, minus a $25 administrative fee, for requests made up to 20 days prior to the SafeTALK workshop. After 20 days, you may:
- Transfer to another workshop provided that you notify us at least 7 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered. You will be responsible for registering into the next available workshop upon refund.
- Designate a substitute to attend in your place provided that you notify us at least 2 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered.
Venue: 648 Huron St