November 12, 2021
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Crisis Communication Skills
November 12, 2021
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Crisis Communication Skills for Suicide: A Professional Development Workshop AND SafeTALK
On November 12th, 2021 the LMSPC will be offering BOTH Crisis Communication Skills: A Professional Development Workshop and SafeTALK training. Tickets can be purchased for individual trainings, or both at a reduced rate.
SafeTALK : 9:00am-12:00pm
SafeTALK, about three hours in duration, is a training that prepares anyone over the age of 15 to identify persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide first aid resources. Most people with thoughts of suicide invite help to stay safe. Alert helpers know how to use these opportunities to support that desire for safety.
As a SafeTALK-trained suicide alert helper, you will be better able to:
- move beyond common tendencies to miss, dismiss or avoid suicide;
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide; and
- apply the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and KeepSafe) to connect a person with suicide thoughts to suicide first aid, intervention caregivers.
Crisis Communication Skills for Suicide: A Professional Development Workshop: 12:30pm-4:00pm
- Do you work in a field that requires you to support individuals who have difficulty regulating their emotions?
- Do they seem irrational at times and make decisions that only compound their difficulties?
- Do these emotionally sensitive individuals frequently talk about suicide?
- Do you feel you are not adequately prepared to manage crisis situations with the individuals you support and would like to broaden your understanding and develop skills to manage more effectively? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions then join us for an informative workshop that will shed some light on emotion-driven behaviours and what you can do to help. This informative workshop will help you understand emotional dysregulation, the effects of adverse experiences on cognition, how personality impacts the choices your client makes and how you can make the necessary accommodations to motivate change and promote recovery! This is a skills-based workshop so be prepared to actively participate and come away with concrete strategies for effective crisis communication.
- Presenter: Sabrina Andrews is a Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner with 24 years of experience working within mental health settings. She has provided direct service to both youth and adults and is a master trainer in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST). A natural storyteller, Sabrina will help you understand how to support recovery and motivate change.
Price includes training, materials, and certificate of completion.
November 12th, 2021
Crisis Communication Skills: 12:30pm-4:00pm
Location: BMO Centre- 295 Rectory St, London ON
**PLEASE NOTE- COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
The BMO Centre requires all attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of double vaccination is required to enter the BMO Centre. A facemask must be worn to enter the BMO Centre.
For more information or details, please contact us at email@example.com
LMSPC is able to provide a full refund, minus a $25 administrative fee, for requests made up to 20 days prior to the workshop. After 20 days, you may:
- Transfer to another workshop provided that you notify us at least 7 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered. You will be responsible for registering into the next available workshop upon refund.
- Designate a substitute to attend in your place provided that you notify us at least 2 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered.