Postvention: A Community Response in the Aftermath of Suicide
When: Friday Feb 24th, 2017
Goodwill Building, 3rd Floor, 255 Horton Street London, ON
Time: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (registration begins at 9am)
Cost: $125/p (includes lunch & refreshments)
Payment due upon registration
This trauma informed workshop is intended to provide an overview of grieving in the wake of a death by suicide. Participants will learn
- 1) Contemporary approaches to the grieving process
- 2) Understanding the effects of trauma
- 3) Exploring the unique features of suicide bereavement
- 4) Learn the compassionate formula for “healing in helping”
Continue reading “2017 Professional Development Day”
The “ASK” Workshop
Assessing for Suicide in Kids
What you will learn:
- What do young children really understand about death and/or suicide?
- Children may consciously or unconsciously signal that they are at risk for suicide;
- How to talk with a child about death and suicide;
- New research exists about risk factors, protective factors, and how they interact;
- How to use what you learn about risk and protective factors to begin safety planning;
- How to work with parents and other helpers to increase safety;
- Advocating for a child at risk of suicide.
Continue reading “2016 Annual Professional Development Day”
LMSPC will begin by examining the myths regarding adolescent suicide and the magnitude of the problem. We will explore the intersection between adolescent brain development, mental wellness and suicide risk.
Continue reading “Free Webinar – Suicide and the Adolescent Brain”
Welcome to LMSPC’s 1st Annual Professional Development Day
LMSPC is proud to present Dr. Andrew Ekblad PhD. Clinical Psychologist for our first annual professional development day. Dr. Ekblad will be discussing recent research, protocols and techniques for working with individuals experiencing acute or chronic suicidality.
Continue reading “2015 Annual Professional Development Day”