The London-Middlesex Suicide Prevention Council (LMSPC) is a non-profit, voluntary council comprised of volunteers representing organizations that deliver suicide prevention, support and/or treatment programs as well as survivors of suicide. It has been in existence since 1990.
A community in which all people are supported to develop their full potential, attain their life expectancy, and enjoy a positive quality of life.
To reduce suicide and suicidal behaviour, and its impact on individuals, families and communities.
The Council aims to achieve its mission by:
- Providing public awareness, education and advocacy in regards to suicide risk and prevention.
- Providing opportunities for skill development that addresses suicide awareness, intervention, support and treatment.
- Supporting the appropriate allocation of resources to support a full range of consumer-centered services to individuals and families.
- Addressing stigma and discrimination experienced by individuals who have attempted suicide or the family members of those who have died by suicide.
- Promoting and supporting collaboration among service providers.