Join us for the 11th Annual
Lifting the Silence
Memorial Walk and Ceremony
When: Saturday September 10th, 2016
Where: Victoria Park, Clarence Street London, ON
Time 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Why: To honour those lost to suicide and their loved ones
Participants are invited to bring photos to add to the Lifting the Silence Community Photo Album and/or a pair of new or gently used shoes to be donated to Mission Services of London.
Highlights of this year’s event include:
- A personal story from Jason MacKenzie and what he learned from his wife’s suicide,
- Heather Fredin M.Ed. Counseling Psychology addresses stigma and the language of suicide,
- Smudging ceremony by Bill Hill R.P.N., BSW, MSW, RSW, B.Ed. to open the ceremony,
- Memorial trees from ReForest London will be available to take home for planting,
- Reading of the names,
- Survivor songs and poetry.
LMSPC will have a resource table as well as its photo story exhibit in which survivors share their personal stories.
This exhibit was inspired by: “Collateral Damage: Images of Those Left Behind” a national project by Scott Chisholm, which will be a book of portraits, website & gallery exhibition telling the stories of people who have lost a loved one by suicide. For more information please visit: Left Behind by Suicide
For more information about Lifting the Silence Memorial Walk, how you can help or to donate, please contact us at email@example.com
[gmap width=”100%” height=”340″ latitude=”42.989094″ longitude=”-81.248943″ controls=”true” zoom=”15″ html=”Victoria Park” popup=”true”]