ASIST by LivingWorks
ASIST is a two-day, interactive skills-building workshop that prepares caregivers of all kinds to provide suicide first aid interventions. Professionals, volunteers and informal helpers all need to know how to help persons with thoughts of suicide in ways that increase their suicide safety. ASIST is designed to help all caregivers become more willing, ready and able to help persons at risk.
As an ASIST-trained first aid intervention caregiver, you will be better able to:
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide;
- understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions;
- seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living;
- review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behavior for an agreed amount of time;
- follow up on all safety commitments, accessing further help as needed.
ASIST is an internationally standardized suicide intervention training program that has been used in a variety of settings in more than 20 countries.
To learn more about ASIST or to find a training in your area, visit Living Works. The cost of ASIST workshops vary by trainer.
Can’t find an ASIST in your area?
Sponsor an ASIST in your community or organization and see the benefits first hand. Sponsors and organizers of ASIST receive a complete Organizer Guide. Helping to train the caregivers in your organization or community could save a life. It’s an investment in people that will continue to grow. Find a trainer and organize an ASIST in your area.