The London-Middlesex Suicide Prevention Council (LMSPC) is a non-profit, voluntary council comprised of volunteers representing organizations that deliver suicide prevention, support and/or treatment programs as well as survivors of suicide. It has been in existence since 1990.
A community in which all people are supported to develop their full potential, attain their life expectancy, and enjoy a positive quality of life.
To reduce suicide and suicidal behaviour, and its impact on individuals, families and communities.
The Council aims to achieve its mission by:
- Providing public awareness, education and advocacy in regards to suicide risk and prevention.
- Providing opportunities for skill development that addresses suicide awareness, intervention, support and treatment.
- Supporting the appropriate allocation of resources to support a full range of consumer-centered services to individuals and families.
- Addressing stigma and discrimination experienced by individuals who have attempted suicide or the family members of those who have died by suicide.
- Promoting and supporting collaboration among service providers.
LMSPC membership is voluntary and without remuneration. The Council meets monthly from September through June each year or at the discretion of the Chair. Members may sit as individuals or as a representative of an organization or service or agency that delivers suicide prevention, support, and/or treatment programs or services. Members live and/or work in Middlesex County.
Those interested in volunteering and/or becoming a member are asked to complete the Member/Volunteer application form and submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All volunteer/member applicants will be invited to attend a meeting of the Council before confirming their commitment.